Lean Green Patties
It all started when...
I was craving pesto. I knew I didn't want pasta but I knew I wanted some type of "meatball". BAM!
First thing's first: Vegan Kale Pesto
2-3 heads of green curly kale (de-stemmed & chopped)
1/4 c EVOO
1 lemon (juiced)
1/4 c raw cashew pieces
2-3 garlic cloves (chopped)
salt + pepper
Now the good stuff...Kale Pesto Turkey Patties:
1.5 lb ground turkey breast (I choose organic, free range, vegetarian fed whenever possibly)
1/2 yellow onion (chopped)
1 chopped garlic clove
1/4 c (or less) @simplemills almond flour crackers (sea salt flavor)
Vegan Kale Pesto (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (F)
- Combine the kale pesto & turkey concoction
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Form concoction into flat rounds (about 1 1/2 inches wide)
- Bake 8 minutes. Flip the patties. Bake another 6-8 minutes.