Coconut Red curry
It all started when…
Stevie and I booked our round trip ticket to Thailand. I had to get my hands on a killer coconut curry recipe. Usually, green curry is my favorite, but red was calling my taste buds. This curry dish is gluten free, soy free, and vegan, but feel free to add shredded chicken or red meat to this for an added protein boost!
What you need:
1 1/2 tbsp avocado oil
1 shallot, minced
2 inch piece of fresh ginger root, minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1. Start by heating a large pot. Once heated, add avocado oil, shallot, ginger, and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the red curry paste. Stir frequently to ensure the flavors are spreading.
3. Add the red bell peppers and eggplant. Stir frequently ensuring the vegetables are covered in the red curry paste.
4. Then add the serrano pepper, coconut milk (light and full fat), coconut aminos, turmeric, paprika, and chili flakes. Stir to combine all flavors and ingredients.
5. Let this sit and simmer over low-medium heat for about 15 minutes. Stir frequently.
6. Add roasted cashews and snow peas. Let sit for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
7. Garnish with Thai basil and lemon juice.
1 1/2 cans light coconut milk (canned)
1/2 can full fat coconut milk (canned)
2 tbsp coconut aminos
1 serrano pepper (less if you'd rather have less spice!)
1 tbsp turmeric powder (or 2 tbsp fresh turmeric root)
1 tsp chili flakes
2 red bell peppers, chopped
1 eggplant, chopped
1 1/2 - 2 c snow peas
1/2 c roasted cashews
Chopped thai basil
Note: This is delicious with simple coconut quinoa!
1. Bring 1 c light coconut milk and 1 c filtered water to a roaring boil.
2. Add 1 c quinoa and reduce to low heat. Let sit for about 15 minutes, consistently stirring until the quinoa absorbs all liquid.