Castelvetrano Olive Soup
with White beans & escarole
What you need:
1-2 c Castelvetrano Olives (My olive obsession is real so I enjoy as many olives as possible! De-pit the olives if possible!)
1 head of escarole (leaves torn)
3-4 c dried navy beans (I soak overnight and drain)
1. Sauté garlic, onion, fennel, carrot in EVOO for about 5 minutes.
2. Add fresh herbs & spices. Let it sit until everything becomes fragrant.
3. Add filtered and broth. Let it sit for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the navy beans and bay leaves. Let the concoction sit for about 1 hour.
5. Add basil and olives. Let sit for another 8 minutes and add the escarole at the end!
6. Add fresh lemon juice to each served bowl.
7. Optional: Serve with your favorite bread!
1 fennel bulb (chopped)
1 white onion (chopped)
4 white carrots (chopped)
1-2 sprigs basil
3 garlic fresh cloves (chopped)
7 c filtered water
1 c organic vegetable broth (If not vegan, organic chicken bone broth is an option, too!)
1 lemon (juice)
1 tbsp lemon zest
3-4 tbsp EVOO
2 bay leaves
rosemary, red pepper flakes, salt + pepper (add to taste)