Note: This recipe takes about 24-36 hours to be 100% completed.
What you need:
2 1/4 c GF Rolled Oats (I use Bob's Red Mill)
1/2 c organic raw almonds (I use sprouted, organic almonds raw almonds for better digestion)
1/2 c organic raw hazelnuts
1/2 c organic raw sunflower seeds
1/2 c organic raw pumpkin seeds
1/2 c organic raw pistachios
3/4 c flaxseeds
approximately 1/3 c psyllium husks (I say approximately because I did not fill all 1/3 c. A little bit less then 1/3 is perfect.)
2-3 tbsp chia seeds
2-3 tsp Himalayan pink salt
1/4 c extra virgin avocado oil
1-2 tbsp maple syrup
2 1/2 c filtered water
It all started when…
I went to Happy Girl Kitchen and fell in love with their seedy bread.So addicting & so enjoyable. Then, I went to Jane On Filmore . This was the moment I started my seedy loaf adventure: taste testing every single seedy loaf I could come across. Then I had this brilliant idea: to create my own. Once you make this, you'll never go back to "regular bread".
- Roast the nuts and seeds (except the chia seeds & flaxseeds) in the oven at 350 for about 10-15 minutes. Remove and let cool. Chop or crush the larger nuts.
- Combine GF oats, flaxseeds, chia seeds, psyllium husks, pink salt, and nuts & seeds into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the avocado oil, maple syrup, and water. (Yes, it is supposed to be "mushy") Thoroughly mix with your hands.
- Place the loaf mix into an oiled bread pan (I greased my pan with EVOO)
- Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Take the pan out of the refrigerator and bring the loaf to room temperature.
- Cook the loaf in the oven at 350 for about 1 hour.
- Let sit for a few hours (best if left overnight) before eating!