Sprouted Lentil & Veggie Soup
what you need
1 c organic sprouted lentils (I use these)
4-5 large organic rainbow carrots (peeled)
6 organic celery stalks
2 organic zucchinis
1/2 white onion
2 garlic cloves
1-2 inches fresh organic ginger root (peeled)
1 inch fresh organic turmeric root (peeled or use1 tbsp powdered turmeric)
1 tsp himalayan pink salt (add to taste)
2 tsp black pepper (add to taste)
1 tbsp organic turmeric powder
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper (add to taste if you like spicy!)
2 bay leaves
1-2 heads of lacinato kale
3-4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 c filtered water
20 oz Organic Chicken Bone Broth
- First thing’s first, chop all the veggies, garlic, & fresh roots to have ready. (Make sure the onion & roots are thoroughly chopped—I make the pieces as small as possible.)
- To start, sauté the onion, garlic, ginger, and turmeric (If using powder turmeric, leave out for now) with 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, pink salt & pepper. Let sit until the onions begin to turn transparent and you can smell it.
- Add in the carrots and celery. Let sit for about 4 minutes.
- Add the bay leaves, paprika, cayenne pepper, turmeric powder (I add a dash even if I’m using fresh turmeric root), cumin. Stir to make sure the spices are evenly spread.
- Pour in the filtered water and organic chicken bone broth. Cover and let sit for about 30 minutes.
- Add the zucchini slices. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and add 1 cup of organic sprouted lentils. Let sit for 8 minutes. (Check the texture of the lentils)
- Garnish with chopped lacinato kale and fresh lemon juice.