What you need:
Tortillas (My favorite are Siete Foods Cassava Flour)
1-2 sweet potatoes
1 bunch of green curly kale
1 15 oz can unsalted black beans
avocado oil (for roasting sweet potatoes)
1/4 c filtered water (steaming kale)
3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (for sauce)
2 c vegetable broth
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp oregano
salt + pepper to taste
Optional: jalapeño, avocado, and cilantro for garnish.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Chop sweet potatoes into bite size pieces. Place on baking sheet with avocado oil. Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
3. While the potatoes are cooking, de-stem and chop the kale into skinny slices. Place in a large pan with 1/4 c of filtered water. Cover the pan and let the kale steam. (low-medium heat)
4. While the potatoes are cooling, make the sauce:
- In a pot, warm the EVOO. Once warm, add the spices/herbs. Once fragrant, add tomato paste. Mix thoroughly. Once mixed and smell is stronger, add the vegetable broth. Begin whisking the sauce until the sauce is smooth (you should not need to use a blender.) Let sauce simmer. (do not let it come to a boil)
5. Heat the oven to 350. Begin to fill tortillas with the goods and roll into enchiladas. Place the enchiladas in a large oven safe baking dish. Once stuffed and rolled, generously cover the enchiladas in the sauce.
6. Pop the enchiladas in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
7. Garnish. Enjoy!