Whole Roasted Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Chop rainbow carrots, potatoes, onion, garlic, and fresh herbs.
- Place vegetables into a ceramic cooking dish with EVOO, salt + pepper. Set aside while preparing the chicken.
- Prepare the chicken by removing the insides (I ask the butcher to do this), rubbing the outside of the chicken with a whole garlic clove (or 2!) and salt + pepper. (I am generous with the seasoning! I like flavor!)
- Stuff the inside of the chicken with 2-3 whole garlic cloves, 1 sliced lemon, onion slices, & fresh herbs.
- Place the chicken over the seasoned vegetables. Add remaining herbs, drizzle with EVOO, salt + pepper, lemon juice.
- Pop in the oven and cook for about 75 minutes.
what you need
1 whole organic chicken (5-6 lbs)
1-2 bunches organic rainbow carrots
1 yellow onion
Organic fingerling potatoes (add to your liking)
4-5 garlic cloves
Fresh rosemary, sage, + thyme
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Himalayan pink salt + black pepper